Easy Sweet Potato Mash Recipe – a simple and delicious side dish! (Paleo + Gluten-Free)
- Approx. 3lb sweet potatoes (roughly 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes), cut into medium-sized chunks
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 Tablespoons ghee
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- Bring a large saucepan or stock pot of water to boil.
- Add potatoes and allow to boil/simmer until very soft (Approx. 15 minutes, but it will depend on how big the chunks are)
- Once potatoes are soft (you should be be able to easily mash them with your fork), drain and place the potatoes in a medium/large bowl.
- Add salt, ghee, almond milk, cinnamon and maple syrup to bowl. Allow ghee to melt a little.
- Using a hand mixer, combine ingredients on medium speed until potatoes are smooth.
- Taste and add additional maple syrup, as desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Feel free to peel your potatoes or leave the skin on, whatever you prefer
Keywords: Sweet Potato Mash Recipe