Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip – a quick and easy appetizer that everyone will love!
- 1.5 cups raw cashews (soak overnight in room temperature water or cover with boiling water and let sit for 30 minutes), drain
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tablespoons Califia BetterHalf Unsweetened Creamer
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cans large artichokes, drained and quartered
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/2 white or yellow onion
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 8oz fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring skillet to medium heat and add oil.
- Add garlic and shallots; Move around the pan as they cook down and become fragrant.
- Add onion and celery; sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent; set aside.
- Place cashews in a high-powered blender along with the Califia Farms Unsweetened BetterHalf Creamer. Blend until smooth, about 2-5 minutes; you will need to stop and scrape down the sides a couple times.
- Add lemon juice, mayo, salt and pepper. Blend on low to combine.
- Add onion mixture and pulse to combine.
- Add artichoke and pulse a couple times to combine (only 2-3 times, you don’t want to break down the artichokes very much).
- Place artichoke mixture in 8×8 or 9×9 pan and set aside.
- Place spinach in a large cast iron skillet and bring to medium heat. Move spinach around as it wilts.
- Once spinach is wilted, remove from heat and add to artichoke mixture. Mix to combine.
- Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until it is warm throughout.
- Serve immediately with pita chips or veggies.
- Artichokes should be canned in water
- You can easily make this ahead of time and then just place in the oven to warm before serving.
- Feel free to also melt some dairy-free cheese on top as well!
Keywords: vegan spinach artichoke dip