Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip – an easy and delicious appetizer! (Dairy-Free)
This post is sponsored by Califia Farms, but the opinions are my own.
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
You guys are going to love how easy this dip is to make!!
We are in the midst of the holiday season and I don’t ‘know about you guys, but appetizers always seem to be a challenge. Sometimes I end up serving the same old thing time and time again – not this year! I don’t care if you are dairy-free or not, this dip is SO GOOD!
What is Spinach Artichoke Dip Made Of
This dairy-free version is made nice and creamy from a mixture of raw cashews and Califia Farms Unsweetened BetterHalf Creamer (my go-to in dairy-free recipes instead of using real cream)! From there you add flavor with lemon juice, onions, garlic, shallots and celery. And of course, lots of spinach and fresh spinach.
It really comes together so quickly!
Can I Prep this Ahead of Time
Yes! You can make the dip entirely and then just place it in refrigerator, covered. Then just pop it in the oven to warm up before serving.
What to Serve with Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
You can serve:
- pita chips
- pea pods
- bell peppers
Other recipes you might like:
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account – Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!Print
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 9–10 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blender + Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip – a quick and easy appetizer that everyone will love!
- 1.5 cups raw cashews (soak overnight in room temperature water or cover with boiling water and let sit for 30 minutes), drain
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tablespoons Califia BetterHalf Unsweetened Creamer
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cans large artichokes, drained and quartered
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/2 white or yellow onion
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 8oz fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring skillet to medium heat and add oil.
- Add garlic and shallots; Move around the pan as they cook down and become fragrant.
- Add onion and celery; sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent; set aside.
- Place cashews in a high-powered blender along with the Califia Farms Unsweetened BetterHalf Creamer. Blend until smooth, about 2-5 minutes; you will need to stop and scrape down the sides a couple times.
- Add lemon juice, mayo, salt and pepper. Blend on low to combine.
- Add onion mixture and pulse to combine.
- Add artichoke and pulse a couple times to combine (only 2-3 times, you don’t want to break down the artichokes very much).
- Place artichoke mixture in 8×8 or 9×9 pan and set aside.
- Place spinach in a large cast iron skillet and bring to medium heat. Move spinach around as it wilts.
- Once spinach is wilted, remove from heat and add to artichoke mixture. Mix to combine.
- Place in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until it is warm throughout.
- Serve immediately with pita chips or veggies.
- Artichokes should be canned in water
- You can easily make this ahead of time and then just place in the oven to warm before serving.
- Feel free to also melt some dairy-free cheese on top as well!
Keywords: vegan spinach artichoke dip
Erik Stephens says
This vegan spinach artichoke dip is my favourite recipe.