This delicious seasonal dessert is paleo, vegan and dairy-free!
- 3 apples, halved (use cookie dough scoop to scoop out insides leaving hollow apple shell – save the insides, minus the core and seeds)
- 6 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted and at room temp)
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- additional maple syrup to drizzle on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place apples in a oven-safe pan, hollow side up, and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place coconut and pecans in food processor and pulse until they are roughly ground.
- Pour mixture into medium mixing bowl and add cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and coconut sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Using fork, combine until clumps start to form.
- Take 1 cup of the apple insides and chop roughly,
- Add to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Using cookie scoop, scoop filling into each apple.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with extra pecans and maple syrup to drizzle (or even some whipped coconut cream).