Vegan Twice-Baked Maple Pecan Apples – this delicious seasonal dessert is paleo, vegan and dairy-free!
It is officially fall if we are pulling out the apple recipes! And these Vegan Twice Baked Maple Pecan Apples are the perfect way to kick of the cooler weather season!
Even though it is still getting up to 80 degrees here in MN, people are starting to make their yearly homage to their nearest apple orchard! We haven’t made it there yet (I like to wait until a little later in the season), but I cannot wait! The hayrides, the apple cider, the fires…. I love all of it and our girls do to.
And then you come home with …. all the apples. Because each child had to pick their own bag and now you have I don’t know how many bushels of apples sitting on your counter… what in the world are you to do?
Well, if you are feeling a little more dangerous, you can try these Stuffed Apples + Cardamom Whipped Cream, but if you are looking for something dairy-free, paleo and vegan, then this is your stop. I am officially obsessed with these apples and I love how they taste just like apple crisp, except they are individually wrapped and don’t have dairy in them (yay!).
As I have said before, I am not vegan (or vegetarian or….. any label). Over the past year I have naturally gravitated towards more plant-based recipes and then when I did my first Whole30 earlier this year, my tastes changed A LOT. Now, I really just eat what my body craves – which happens to be a lot of Whole30, paleo, vegan (and the occasional indulgence of course). For me, it is about eating simple, real food – and not eating dairy because I happen to be allergic.
And listening to my body …. and right now my body is saying it wants Vegan Twice Baked Maple Pecan Apples ?
I hope you are enjoying the beginnings of fall as much as we are (although I go back and forth…. I am going to miss the hot summer days) – but I truly am looking forward to our annual trip to the apple orchard and for all things apple to take over our lives for a little bit!
And if you are curious, check out my post (from way back when) on how to make homemade maple syrup!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Vegan Twice Baked Maple Pecan Apples
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 32 minutes
- Total Time: 47 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Vegan Twice Baked Maple Pecan Apples – a delicious fall treat that is perfect for all of those orchard apples!
- 3 apples, halved (use cookie dough scoop to scoop out insides leaving hollow apple shell – save the insides, minus the core and seeds)
- 6 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted and at room temp)
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- additional maple syrup to drizzle on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place apples in a oven-safe pan, hollow side up, and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place coconut and pecans in food processor and pulse until they are roughly ground.
- Pour mixture into medium mixing bowl and add cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and coconut sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Using fork, combine until clumps start to form.
- Take 1 cup of the apple insides and chop roughly,
- Add to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Using cookie scoop, scoop filling into each apple.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with extra pecans and maple syrup to drizzle (or even some whipped coconut cream).
- Inspired by/Adapted from Paleo Running Mama
Keywords: twice baked apples
Leave a Rating & Comment