Weeknight Roasted Veggies with Poached Egg – An easy, beautiful, go-to weeknight meal!
- 1 Sweet potato, diced (yams work too)
- 1/2 Purple onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 lb Asparagus (cut off bottom inch and then cut the rest into 1 inch chunks)
- Mushrooms, sliced (about a pint)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Place sweet potatoes and yams in medium-sized bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil to lightly coat and pour onto cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 8 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place Brussel sprouts, onion and asparagus in the same medium-sized bowl and lightly toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Once the potatoes have roasted for 8 minutes, add Brussel sprouts, onion and asparagus to cookie sheet.
- Roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Then add mushrooms.
- Roast for an additional 5-7 minutes or until veggies are cooked to your liking.
- Serve with poached egg.