Weeknight Roasted Veggies with Poached Egg – an easy, go-to weeknight meal!
You guys, this is seriously as easy as it gets. For real.
This is my super-fancy-but-really-I-just-didn’t-know-what-to-make meal. Or something like that. I don’t know, something about throwing a poached egg on anything makes it feel more fancy…..
But really, if you are just at your wits end and you need something quick and healthy, inexpensive and delicious – this is for you. Yes, I put in the recipe the veggies that I typically use, but this could easily turn into a clean-out-your-fridge recipe. Just take what veggies you have and whatever kind of potatoes you have and roast them with some olive oil and salt, throw a runny egg on top and call it a day. I know it is so, so simple, but I love it, my husband loves it and our kids love it. And I love having this in my back pocket for when I don’t know what else to make. I always have eggs and I always seem to have some veggies. Boom – dinner is ready.
So, I hope you guys keep this one tucked away as well for when dinner time gets desperate!! I know you will love it!
- 1 Sweet potato, diced (yams work too)
- ½ Purple onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 lb Asparagus (cut off bottom inch and then cut the rest into 1 inch chunks)
- Mushrooms, sliced (about a pint)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line cookie sheet with foil.
- Place sweet potatoes and yams in medium-sized bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil to lightly coat and pour onto cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 8 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place Brussel sprouts, onion and asparagus in the same medium-sized bowl and lightly toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Once the potatoes have roasted for 8 minutes, add Brussel sprouts, onion and asparagus to cookie sheet.
- Roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Then add mushrooms.
- Roast for an additional 5-7 minutes or until veggies are cooked to your liking.
- Serve with poached egg.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.