Chicken Gyros – a delicious, easy recipe for homemade chicken gyros! The perfect weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast*
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup English cucumbers, sliced and quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced or thinly sliced
- butter lettuce
- 4 pieces pita bread (naan works well too)
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2–3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoon fresh mint leaves
- Marinate Chicken: Cut chicken into strips (about the size of a chicken tender). Place in a medium-sized bowl and season with a little salt and pepper. Pour 1/4 cup of the Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette over the chicken, toss to coat. Place in the refrigerator, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Make Tzatziki Sauce: Meanwhile, make the easy tzatziki sauce. Squeeze out as much water from the cucumber as possible. Add all ingredients to a food processor. Blend until consistency is smooth. Taste and adjust any seasoning, as-desired. Place in refrigerator so that sauce can thicken.
- Prep Veggies: add cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion to a small mixing bowl. Toss with the remaining tablespoon of Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette.
- Cook Chicken: bring large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add tablespoon of olive oil; swirl to coat the pan. In batches, cook chicken 2-3 minutes per side or until fully cooked (chicken is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.). Remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Make Gyros: take a piece of pita bread and place a couple pieces of butter lettuce on top. Add cooked chicken, tzatziki sauce, and the cucumber mixture. Enjoy!
- Chicken Breast: if you can find pre-cut chicken tenders, feel free to just buy those if you want.
- Dairy-Free: to make this recipe dairy-free use our Dairy-Free Tzatziki Sauce instead of the one written above.
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 gyro
- Calories: 415
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 424.1 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.9 g
- Protein: 40.9 g
- Cholesterol: 94.3 mg
Keywords: chicken gyros