Dairy Free Tzatziki Sauce – An easy, light and refreshing cucumber sauce that is perfect for your favorite Greek recipe! Made with simple, clean ingredients and is dairy-free, paleo, vegan and Whole30!
How to Make Dairy-Free Tzatziki Sauce
There is simply nothing better than making your own homemade sauce. It is SO EASY!! Typically you have all the ingredients you need already in your fridge/pantry and it comes together in minutes. Affordable, delicious, and real ingredients. This sauce is just that!! You are going to love it for all of your favorite Greek recipes (like these Greek Chicken Meatballs).
Dairy Free Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients
- mayo (use homemade or store-bought): I love using our homemade mayo in this recipe, but you can use whatever you want!
- fresh cucumber: this is what gives it that “cucumber sauce” flavor and is the key!
- fresh lemon juice: lemon juice adds in some nice acidity.
- minced garlic: just a little to round out the flavor.
- kosher salt + ground black pepper: because you always gotta have a little seasoning!
- dried dill + fresh mint: adds in that little bit of herby deliciousness.
This sauce is so simple that it comes together with only 8 simple ingredients.
How to Make Dairy Free Tzatziki Sauce
Here is the step-by-step process on how it comes together –
Gather all of your ingredients.
Toss all of the ingredients in a small food processor
Pulse or blend until all ingredients are fully combined and smooth
Enjoy with your favorite Greek recipe!
A Few FAQs
- What are the best ways to eat this sauce? It is so delicious that you can really eat it with just about anything. The most common ways to eat it are with chicken, beef, pork, lamb, or with vegetables as a dip! Our absolute favorite way is on some Greek Chicken Meatballs – SO GOOD!
- How long can I store this sauce in the fridge? You can store this sauce in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Can I freeze it? Yes! However, it might not have the same consistency once you thaw it out. The cucumbers can get mushy and the lemon juice can cause some curdling.
- Curious how to pronounce tzatziki? Us too – check this out!
Other Homemade Sauces You Might Like
+ PLUS a whole round-up of Whole30 Sauces and Condiments!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account – Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!Print
Dairy Free Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Approx. 1 1/2 cups
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Greek
Dairy Free Tzatziki Sauce– An easy, light and refreshing cucumber sauce that is perfect for your favorite Greek recipe!
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint
- Combine: Combine ingredients in a small food processor.
- Pulse: Pulse or blend several times until ingredients are fully combined and smooth.
- Serve: Serve on your favorite recipe!
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: dairy free tzatziki sauce
Leave a Rating & Comment