How to Make Tzatziki Sauce – An easy, light and refreshing cucumber sauce that is perfect for your favorite Greek recipe! Made with simple, clean ingredients and is dairy-free, paleo, vegan and Whole30!
Love how quick and easy this is!
There is simply nothing better than making your own homemade sauce. It is SO EASY!! Typically you have all the ingredients you need already in your fridge/pantry and it comes together in minutes. Affordable, delicious, and real ingredients. This sauce is just that!! You are going to love it for all of your favorite Greek recipes.
What You Will Need
- mayo (use homemade or store-bought)
- fresh lemon juice
- minced garlic
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- dried dill
- fresh mint
This sauce is so simple that it comes together with only 8 simple ingredients.
How to Make Tzatziki Sauce
Here is the step-by-step process on how it comes together –
1: Gather all of your ingredients.
2: Toss all of the ingredients in a small food processor
3: Pulse or blend until all ingredients are fully combined and smooth
4: Enjoy with your favorite Greek recipe!
A Few FAQs
- What are the best ways to eat this sauce? It is so delicious that you can really eat it with just about anything. The most common ways to eat it are with chicken, beef, pork, lamb, or with vegetables as a dip! Our absolute favorite way is on some Greek Chicken Meatballs – SO GOOD!
- How long can I store this sauce in the fridge? You can store this sauce in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Can I freeze it? Yes! However, it might not have the same consistency once you thaw it out. The cucumbers can get mushy and the lemon juice can cause some curdling.
- Curious how to pronounce tzatziki? Us too – check this out!
Other Homemade Sauces You Might Like
+ PLUS a whole round-up of Whole30 Sauces and Condiments!
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post includes affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint
- Combine: Combine ingredients in a small food processor.
- Pulse: Pulse or blend several times until ingredients are fully combined and smooth.
- Serve: Serve on your favorite recipe!
Keywords: how to make tzatziki sauce, homemade tzatziki sauce