Apple Pie Oatmeal – A warm and delicious way to start your day – oatmeal the whole family will love!
- 1.5 cup oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups water or more unsweetened almond milk (to make it extra creamy)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 honeycrisp apple, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- topping: walnuts and raisins
- Add salt, almond milk and water to medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add oats, maple syrup, and apples.
- Let gently simmer for approx. 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat when consistency is creamy.
- Serve immediately.
- Add additional maple syrup and cinnamon as desired as well as walnuts and craisins.
- Almond Milk: option to use a combination of unsweetened almond milk & water or just almond milk for a creamier texture.
- Toppings: we used a sprinkling of cinnamon, walnuts, & craisins, but you could also add chia seeds, ground nutmeg, or even a little peanut butter.
- Storage: in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Keywords: apple pie oatmeal