A simple recipe for the most creamy and delicious Apple Pie Oatmeal – the perfect way to start your day! We love making this one every fall when we have a ton of apples!
Best Ever Apple Pie Oatmeal
On a crisp fall morning there is simply nothing better than a nice, warm bowl of homemade oatmeal. We love adding the almond milk to give it that extra creaminess and the maple syrup, cinnamon, and chunks of apple make it feel like you are digging into the best apple pie ever. Fall dreaminess in a bowl. Perfect for all of those apples that are in-season this time of year. And completely kid-friendly! Enjoy!
We also have some delicious Apple Pancakes if you want to keep the apples at breakfast theme going!
What You Will Need:
- oats – just some plain old fashioned rolled oats, but if you are gluten-free make sure they are certified gluten-free.
- unsweetened almond milk – bringing all the creamy goodness while still staying dairy-free, of course you can also use regular milk if you don’t need it to be dairy-free.
- maple syrup – perfect for a touch of sweetness.
- kosher salt – just a pinch for some added seasoning.
- ground cinnamon – a spice that is the perfect compliment to the warm apples & oats.
- apple – personally, we absolutely love honey crisp apples but any will do!
- walnuts and craisins – optional for sprinkling on top for some added crunch or sweetness.
How To Make Apple Pie Oatmeal
You can begin by bringing your almond milk (and/or water) to a simmer with a pinch of kosher salt. Next, add the oats, maple syrup, and chopped apples. Let this simmer for about 5 minutes, top any way you want, and enjoy!
Topping or Add-In Suggestions
We topped this recipe with an extra drizzle of maple syrup, sprinkling of cinnamon, walnuts, and craisins. However, you could easily leave some of those out or substitute them with something else. We also love chia seeds, ground nutmeg, a dollop of peanut butter, granola, or, if you really want to get crazy, some whipped cream.
Once your oatmeal has cooled completely you can easily store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or you can place it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just thaw and reheat when you are ready to enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Apple Pie Oatmeal – A warm and delicious way to start your day – oatmeal the whole family will love!
- 1.5 cup oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups water or more unsweetened almond milk (to make it extra creamy)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 honeycrisp apple, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- topping: walnuts and raisins
- Add salt, almond milk and water to medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add oats, maple syrup, and apples.
- Let gently simmer for approx. 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat when consistency is creamy.
- Serve immediately.
- Add additional maple syrup and cinnamon as desired as well as walnuts and craisins.
- Almond Milk: option to use a combination of unsweetened almond milk & water or just almond milk for a creamier texture.
- Toppings: we used a sprinkling of cinnamon, walnuts, & craisins, but you could also add chia seeds, ground nutmeg, or even a little peanut butter.
- Storage: in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Keywords: apple pie oatmeal