A delicious and comforting winter chili that can be made in a crockpot or on the stove top!
- 4 cups chicken broth (check your ingredients!)
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can coconut milk (remember to use immersion blender to fully incorporate first)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8oz green chilis
- 1 pint mushrooms
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- Dairy-Free Coconut Sour Cream (Whole30)
- Jalapeno slices
- Add chicken to crock pot and cover with broth.
- Set to High heat and let cook 1 hour or until chicken is fully cooked and will flake apart.
- In large saute pan, add olive oil and bring to high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and stir until reduced, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to crock pot along with the remaining ingredients (except for the mushrooms).
- Stir to combine and let cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Add mushroom about 30 minutes before you want to eat.
- Taste and add any additional salt or seasoning, as desired.
- Serve with dairy-free sour cream, avocado, jalapeño and/or cilantro.
This can easily be made on the stove-top: you will simply simmer the chicken in chicken broth in a large saucepan for approx. 20 minutes or until fully cooked. Shred and place back in the pot with chicken broth. Follow directions 3-5, but add onion mixture to saucepan. Let simmer for approx. 15 minutes. Add mushrooms and simmer until they cook down, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.