Weeknight or weekend-worthy, this simple and savory meal is easy and delicious!!!
- 1 – 1.5 lbs grassfed ground beef (or any type of beef hamburger) (I recommend Butcher Box ground beef!)
- 1 can organic coconut milk (use immersion blender to fully incorporate before use).
- 1 (4oz) jar red curry paste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1.5 Tablespoons dried basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado per serving
- 2–3 cups cauliflower rice (but feel free to serve with any kind of rice)
- In large skillet, role hamburger into large meatballs (about 1.5 – 2 Tablespoons) and place in pan.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of ground black pepper and some salt.
- Bring heat up to medium/high and cover meatballs for approx. 5 minutes.
- Uncover and turn.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Then uncover and keep repeating until the meatballs are fully cooked.
- Drain some of the grease, but leave about 1/4 cup in the pan.
- Place curry paste, coconut milk, garlic and basil into the pan and stir to combine well.
- Bring to a simmer and leave uncovered to let reduce.
- Taste and add any additional salt or pepper, as needed.
- Let simmer for approx. 5 minutes, or until it has reduced to a consistency you like.
- Serve over cauliflower rice (or regular rice) and with 1/2 an avocado.
Keywords: curried meatballs