Dry Rub for Ribs – a delicious dry rub for ribs recipe that is perfect for smoked ribs, baked ribs or any way you want to cook them!
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Spice: feel free to omit the cayenne pepper if you aren’t into spice at all (although I would recommend adding at least a pinch), or you can amp it up and add in a whole tablespoon of cayenne pepper if you want! You could also add in a little cumin or chili powder for additional spice – feel free to play around with the flavor!
- Racks of Ribs: this recipe makes enough for approx. two racks of ribs.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months (preferably in a cool/dark place – like a cupboard). I like using a small mason jar!
- Sugar: I am actually not a fan of sugars in my dry rubs (usually), but if you want to add in a little sugar I would recommend about a tablespoon of coconut sugar (dark brown sugar would work too).
- Smoked Spices: more and more stores carry smoked paprika, etc. these days and you can always check on Amazon. Otherwise, the non-smoked version of these spices also work just fine!
- Best Ribs: this recipe for Smoked Baby Back Ribs is my all-time favorite if you can’t decide which recipe to go with! They are fall of the bone tender (but they don’t fall apart on you) and the flavor is just amazing!
Keywords: best dry rub for ribs