An easy and delicious appetizer that is Whole30 and Paleo! Perfect for Game Day!
- 1–1.5 lbs chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup coco aminos
- 1/2 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and place wire rack on top.
- Place wings on top of wire rack and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then remove and flip over, sprinkling the other side with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken back in oven for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine coco aminos, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, rice vinegar and pinch of salt.
- Whisk together and place on stovetop on medium heat.
- Add arrowroot powder and whisk together; it will start to thicken as it starts to heat up.
- Continue to whisk and remove AS SOON AS IT STARTS TO THICKEN! If you over cook it, the arrowroot will turn the sauce gummy and become too thick.
- When wing are done, place in large bowl and then drizzle with sauce; tossing to coat all of the wings.
- Place wings on serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro; serve with lime wedges.