Easy Ginger Sesame Baked Wings – an easy and delicious appetizer that is Whole30 and Paleo! Perfect for Game Day!
These Sesame Ginger Baked Wings are ridiculous, you guys. Add these to your Super Bowl menu ASAP!
Raise your hand if you are excited for the Super Bowl (for the record, I am currently raising mine….). I know appetizers can be tricky when it comes to trying to keep things close to Whole30/Paleo – some of my favorite apps include my Cinnamon Sweet Potato Sticks with compliant ranch or Plantain Chips with guacamole, but I don’t know – these might honestly be my new favorite! And they passed the test with my husband, so I know they must be good!
I have been wanting to make these ever since the first time I tried coco aminos, because they already taste so much like teriyaki sauce to me. And I am always surprised with how well arrowroot powder works as a thickening agent, so perfect.
These wings in some homemade compliant ranch ( my favorite recipe is the Whole Sister’s Dump Ranch) – just game day perfection. If I were you I would make a double batch!
Making healthier versions of food people know and love (and surprising them in the process) is really one of my favorite things. These taste BETTER than any frozen wings you would buy in the store and you know all the ingredients. I know it takes a few extra minutes, but seriously look at the ingredients list of your favorite packaged food the next time you are in the store. Just look at it. Really read it. I am blown away every time by the weird, unpronounceable ingredients in food I used to buy al the time. To me the extra effort is worth it!
Hope you guys have an awesome start to your week!
- 1–1.5 lbs chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup coco aminos
- 1/2 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- lime wedges
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and place wire rack on top.
- Place wings on top of wire rack and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then remove and flip over, sprinkling the other side with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken back in oven for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine coco aminos, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, rice vinegar and pinch of salt.
- Whisk together and place on stovetop on medium heat.
- Add arrowroot powder and whisk together; it will start to thicken as it starts to heat up.
- Continue to whisk and remove AS SOON AS IT STARTS TO THICKEN! If you over cook it, the arrowroot will turn the sauce gummy and become too thick.
- When wing are done, place in large bowl and then drizzle with sauce; tossing to coat all of the wings.
- Place wings on serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro; serve with lime wedges.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.