Dairy Free Ranch Dressing – an absolute must-have condiment in your refrigerator!
Best Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
A delicious, easy dairy free ranch dressing recipe that is super easy! Just toss everything in a container and let your immersion blender do the work!!
Why This Recipe Works
- Classic Ranch Flavors: all the ranch flavor you love and expect in a healthy, dairy-free version!
- Egg: the egg emulsifies to create a creamy texture.
- Easy: you just toss everything in a wide mouth container and use your immersion blender to whip this up in no time!
What You Will Need
- egg: you will need one large raw egg.
- extra light olive oil: this ingredient is very particular – you NEED to make sure use an extra light olive oil!
- full fat coconut milk: I generally use Thai Kitchen Organic full fat coconut milk – just remember that if it has separated in the can that you will need to mix it back together before use in the recipe.
- kosher salt + ground black pepper: this adds an extra pop to the flavor.
- dijon mustard: this adds a touch of acidity.
- smoked garlic powder + smoked onion powder: you can use regular garlic powder or regular onion powder if you can’t find smoked versions.
- minced garlic: love adding a bit of garlic here!
- red wine vinegar + lemon juice: this adds acidity.
- dill + chives + dried parsley: these add to that classic ranch flavor.
How to Make Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
Gather your ingredients ahead of time.
Add everything to a wide mouth mason jar or weck jar.
Use an immersion blender and, starting at the bottom, blend on high. Work your way slowly to the top of the jar as everything mixes and the egg emulsifies.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Dairy Free Ranch Dressing – a creamy and delicious dairy free ranch dressing recipe that is also paleo and Whole30! So easy to make!
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup extra light olive oil (it has to be light!)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (fully incorporate the coconut milk ahead of time)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked garlic powder (regular garlic powder works)
- 1 teaspoon smoked onion powder (regular onion powder works)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- (optional) 1 teaspoon fresh minced dill (or sub dried) (reserve for the last step)
- (optional) 1 teaspoon fresh minced chives (or sub dried) (reserve for the last step)
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley (reserve for the last step)
- Combine all ingredients, except for parsley, dill and chives, into a tall jar with a wide mouth.
- Using an immersion blender and starting at the bottom, blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Do not start moving the blender until the bottom starts to emulsify and then start bringing the blender closer to the top, moving around until everything is emulsified.
- Then add parsley, dill and chives and continue mixing until herbs are fully combined, about 30 seconds.
- Put in refrigerator immediately as it will continue to thicken up.
- If too thick, add additional olive oil.
- If it is watery and not emulsifying, try adding another egg (after seeing if it thickens in the refrigerator)
- Storage: Store in airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 5-6 days.
- Raw egg consumption: Note: eating raw eggs may increase your chances of food-borne illness)
Keywords: dairy free ranch dressing
Originally posted on February 22, 2018.
Just want to be clear that recipe is slightly adapted from the original Dump Ranch recipe by WholeSisters