Easy Oven Baked Ribs – a delicious, moist and juicy oven baked rib recipe that is perfect for your next get together! So amazing!
- 2 racks of baby back ribs
- 1–2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1–2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2–4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 bottle of your favorite (smokey) barbecue sauce (we also like this homemade bbq recipe!)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Take ribs and remove the thin layer of connective tissue on the non-meat side (aka the membrane).
- Combine dry rub ingredients in a small bow. and set aside.
- Pat ribs dry with a clean paper towel.
- Rub liquid smoke all over ribs.
- Rub worcestershire sauce all over ribs.
- Rub yellow mustard all over ribs.
- Rub dry rub all over ribs.
- Place ribs on a foil-lined baking sheet, meat-side up.
- Bake for 4 hours (middle rack, uncovered).
- Turn oven up to 250 degrees F and let ribs cook for another hour.
- Turn oven up to 275 degrees F and let ribs cook for another hour.
- Once ribs have reached an internal temperature between 190 – 203 degrees F (approximately 1 hour) remove ribs from oven and turn oven up to 350 degrees F.
- Sauce the ribs generously with your favorite BBQ sauce and place back in oven for 6-8 minutes, or until the BBQ sauce becomes tacky (you can also do this under the broiler – just watch them closely so the sauce doesn’t burn).
- Remove ribs from oven and let rest 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- BBQ Sauce: Feel free to use whatever sauce you want but we do have a smokey + sweet homemade bbq recipe if you want to use that!
- Liquid Smoke: Liquid smoke is amazing and can be found at most grocery stores typically by the bbq sauce, etc.
- Paleo/Whole30: to make Paleo/Whole30 simply omit the Worcestershire sauce and ensure your bbq sauce is compatible.
- Let them rest: don’t skip this step!
- Leftovers: store leftover pork ribs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: oven baked ribs, oven baked baby back ribs