Taco Stuffed Peppers (Paleo + Whole30 + DF + GF) – a simple weeknight meal your family is going to love!
- 1 batch of homemade taco seasoning
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2–3 bell peppers, halved lengthwise with seeds removed
Optional toppings: olives, salsa, guacamole and dairy-free “sour cream”
- Combine taco seasoning ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
- Bring large cast iron skillet to medium heat and add ground beef. Move around pan until fully cooked.
- Drain grease and add taco seasoning, tomato paste and water. Mix to combine and add water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, if meat gets dry at all.
- Meanwhile, turn on broiler to HIGH.
- Place bell peppers on baking sheet, open side up, and rub lightly with olive oil.
- Place under broiler for approx. 5 minutes or until they just start to char.
- Remove from boiler.
- Place bell peppers on plate and stuff with taco meat.
- Add any desired toppings and serve immediately!
This is a great recipe to meal-prep! Make the taco meat ahead of time, have your toppings on hand and then all you have to do is pop the bell peppers in the oven for 5 minutes! Dinner is ready!
Keywords: taco stuffed peppers