Taco Stuffed Peppers – a simple weeknight meal your whole family is going to love! Keep them simple and dairy-free OR load them up with all the fixings!
Easy Taco Stuffed Peppers
I don’t know how many times our default weeknight dinner is something to do with tacos! And I was sitting there with some leftover taco meat (once again) and wondering what I should do with it. So I grabbed a random bell pepper I had sitting it the crisper and whipped this little meal up! I was hooked! Pro tip: if you have time to meal prep just make the taco meat ahead of time and this weeknight dinner will come together SO quickly! This is going to be on our regular rotation for sure!
What You Will Need
- homemade taco seasoning: we love making our own homemade seasoning, but feel free to use store bought!
- ground beef: pull that ground beef out of the freezer now! You could easily use ground turkey too.
- tomato paste + water: these combine with the ground beef and taco seasoning to make a nice little sauce.
- bell peppers: any color works here!
- toppings: keep it simple with some salsa or go all out with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, chopped cilantro, etc.
Taco Stuffed Peppers Topping Ideas
Here are some yummy ideas for toppings:
What to serve with Taco Stuffed Peppers
Here are some ideas of what you can serve with this meal:
How to Make Taco Stuffed Peppers
Make your homemade taco seasoning.
Brown the ground beef and then add the tomato paste, water and seasoning. Stir to combine.
Prep your bell peppers.
Stuff them with the ground beef.
Add your topping!
Other recipes you might like:
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Salsa Verde Chicken (Instant Pot + Slow Cooker)
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Ultimate Stuffed Peppers
- Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Taco Stuffed Peppers (Paleo + Whole30 + DF + GF) – a simple weeknight meal your family is going to love!
- Combine taco seasoning ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
- Bring large cast iron skillet to medium heat and add ground beef. Move around pan until fully cooked.
- Drain grease and add taco seasoning, tomato paste and water. Mix to combine and add water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, if meat gets dry at all.
- Meanwhile, turn on broiler to HIGH.
- Place bell peppers on baking sheet, open side up, and rub lightly with olive oil.
- Place under broiler for approx. 5 minutes or until they just start to char.
- Remove from boiler.
- Place bell peppers on plate and stuff with taco meat.
- Add any desired toppings and serve immediately!
- Meal prep: This is a great recipe to meal-prep! Make the taco meat ahead of time, have your toppings on hand and then all you have to do is pop the bell peppers in the oven for 5 minutes! Dinner is ready!
Keywords: taco stuffed peppers