Taco Stuffed Peppers (Paleo + Whole30 + DF + GF) – a simple weeknight meal your whole family is going to love!
This will definitely end up on your permanent rotation!
Taco Stuffed Peppers
I don’t know how many times our default weeknight dinner is something to do with tacos! And I was sitting there with some leftover taco meat (once again) and wondering what I should do with it. So I grabbed a random bell pepper I had sitting it the crisper and whipped this little meal up! I was hooked! Pro tip: if you have time to meal prep just make the taco meat ahead of time and this weeknight dinner will come together SO quickly! This is going to be on our regular rotation for sure!
Taco Stuffed Peppers Topping Ideas
Here are some yummy ideas for toppings:
- black or green olives
- dairy-free “sour cream”
- fresh cilantro
- fajita peppers
- red onions
What to serve with Taco Stuffed Peppers
Here are some ideas of what you can serve with this meal:
Other Easy Weeknight Dinners
Here are some other easy weeknight dinners to add to your menu plan for the week:
- Easy Burrito Bowls (Whole30/Paleo friendly)
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake (Whole30/Paleo)
- Easy Beef Lettuce Wraps (Whole30/Paleo)
Other recipes you might like:
Taco Stuffed Peppers (Paleo + Whole30 + DF + GF) – a simple weeknight meal your family is going to love!
- Combine taco seasoning ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
- Bring large cast iron skillet to medium heat and add ground beef. Move around pan until fully cooked.
- Drain grease and add taco seasoning, tomato paste and water. Mix to combine and add water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, if meat gets dry at all.
- Meanwhile, turn on broiler to HIGH.
- Place bell peppers on baking sheet, open side up, and rub lightly with olive oil.
- Place under broiler for approx. 5 minutes or until they just start to char.
- Remove from boiler.
- Place bell peppers on plate and stuff with taco meat.
- Add any desired toppings and serve immediately!
This is a great recipe to meal-prep! Make the taco meat ahead of time, have your toppings on hand and then all you have to do is pop the bell peppers in the oven for 5 minutes! Dinner is ready!
Keywords: taco stuffed peppers