A fresh and delicious homemade bruschetta recipe!!!
- 8 Roma tomatoes; de-seeded and diced
- Approx. 30 yellow cherry tomatoes; quartered and de-seeded
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon high quality olive oil (plus some additional olive oil to put on top of sliced baguette)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- French baguette
- Balsamic glaze
- Combine Roma tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, and salt in large bowl.
- Mix well and taste to determine if you want any additional garlic, basil or salt.
- I would recommend letting the mixture to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Take French baguette and slice at an angle to create about 1 inch thick slices.
- Place on cookie sheet and baste with some additional olive oil.
- Place in the oven at 400-450 for about 4-6 minutes, or until the bread starts to get a little crispy, but watch it closely – the last thing you want is bread you can barely bit through.
- Remove bread from oven.
- Serve slices of bread with a heaping about of the bruschetta mixture and drizzle with sweet balsamic glaze.
Feel free to skip the baguette and serve over chicken for a delicious Whole30/paleo dinner!!