This Easy Bruschetta Chicken recipe is a light and delicious dinner option that your entire family will love! The perfect way to use those end-of-summer tomatoes!
The Best Chicken Bruschetta Recipe
This easy and fresh bruschetta chicken recipe has so much flavor and made with real, simple ingredients. Plus, it’s a great way to use all of those garden tomatoes that are ripening like crazy! The combination of those fresh tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, fresh basil leaves, all on top of juicy grilled chicken breasts, plus a drizzle of balsamic glaze…. oh my! It is seriously so good. And if you want to add a little something to this easy recipe, we suggest some noodles to make it a chicken bruschetta pasta!
What You Will Need
- balsamic vinegar – option to pick some up at the local grocery store or make your own homemade balsamic glaze.
- Roma tomatoes & cherry tomatoes – a tomato combination that brings so much flavor!
- garlic – everything is better with a little bit of garlic.
- fresh basil leaves – this ingredient is a must when making any type of fresh bruschetta.
- olive oil – drizzle it on to help mix everything together!
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasonings that are always a must when cooking any type of meat.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts – grilled chicken breasts are the perfect lean meat with great flavor and the perfect base to this recipe! You could also use grilled chicken thighs, if that’s more your thing.
How To Make Bruschetta Chicken
The first steps to making the best bruschetta chicken, are to get chopping all those fresh tomatoes and basil leaves. Place them in a large bowl with the garlic, some salt, and then drizzle on the olive oil.
Now mix with a large spoon to fully combine the bruschetta mixture.
If you are making your own balsamic glaze, you will want to pour the balsamic vinegar in to a small saucepan on medium high heat, bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Next, season the raw chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Preheat your grill to approximately 400 degrees F, clean the grill grates, and sear the chicken breasts for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Then move them to indirect heat and continue cooking for about 5-7 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (use a meat thermometer).
Let the cooked chicken rest for about 5 minutes and then serve with a large scoop of bruschetta on top and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
What To Serve With Bruschetta Chicken
If you are looking to make a complete meal with some easy side dish recipes, here are a few of our favorites:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Easy Bruschetta Chicken
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 47 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Easy Bruschetta Chicken – a light and refreshing late summer meal that your whole family will love!
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 roma tomatoes; de-seeded and diced
- Approx. 15 yellow cherry tomatoes; quartered and de-seeded
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 4–6 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Make balsamic glaze: Place balsamic vinegar in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, uncovered. Continue simmering for 20-30 minutes while you make the rest of the meal. Remove from heat and allow to cool (it will continue to thicken as it cools).
- Make bruschetta mixture: Combine Roma tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, and salt in large bowl. Mix well and taste to determine if you want any additional garlic, basil or salt.
- Grill chicken: Place chicken breasts on plate and sprinkle both sides with a generous amount of the salt and pepper. Heat grill to medium heat (approximately 400 degrees). Place chicken on direct heat (direct flame) and cook at medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side. Move chicken away from the direct heat (direct flame) so that it is cooking on indirect heat and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes (you don’t need to flip during this point because the chicken will cook as if it is in an oven) or until the internal temperature at the thickest part reads 160 degrees F on your meat thermometer. Remove from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes (the chicken will continue to cook during this time and the internal temp will continue to rise up to 10 additional degrees).
- Serve: Plate chicken, drizzle with balsamic glaze, scoop some bruschetta on top and then add some fresh basil. Serve immediately.
- Whole30/Paleo Balsamic Vinegar: I love this balsamic vinegar that is Whole30/Paleo!
- Stove Top Chicken: You can also cook the chicken on top of the stove, if you prefer. To do so:
- I would recommend using chicken cutlets. Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper both sides. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large cast iron pan and bring to medium high heat. When pan is hot, add chicken cooking approximately 10-12 minutes total, flipping halfway, or until the internal temp is 165 (use an internal meat thermometer).
- Dairy-Free: As written this recipe is paleo/Whole30, but if you want to add cheese but keep it dairy-free simply melt some dairy-free mozzarella on top of the grilled chicken before add the bruschetta and glaze!
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 26.7 g
- Sodium: 1611.1 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.7 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 20.7 mg
Keywords: bruschetta chicken, chicken bruschetta, bruschetta chicken recipe
I’m really health concise, never compromised with my health and nutrition and you shared a healthy one with the taste that I love the most about your recipe. Keep share healthy and tasty recipes with us.