Grilled Bread – learn how to make grilled bread two ways! So easy and goes perfectly with a cozy bowl of soup or light summer salad!
- 4–6 thick slices of high-quality bread (sourdough is perfect!)
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1–2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Ensure grill grates are clean and preheat grill to high heat.
- Lightly brush both sides of the bread with oil.
- Using a knife spread butter on one side of the bread.
- Place the slices on the grill over high heat, butter-side down. You may have some flare-ups, but you can actually keep the grill lid open and let the flames char the bread. Leave the bread over direct heat approximately 30-60 seconds (or until slightly charred). Flip for an additional 30-60 seconds.
- Remove and serve immediately with either brothy beans or a yummy summer salad (we love this one and this one).
- Garlic Bread Version: mix some garlic salt and minced garlic in with the butter before spreading it on the bread for grilled garlic bread!
Keywords: grilled bread