Grilled Weeknight Cilantro Lime Chicken – a quick and delicious weeknight meal your whole family will love!
- 6 boneless chicken breasts (bone-in would definitely work, but increase your cooking time and/or watch your internal temp)
- 1 cup roughly chopped and loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil (avocado oil would work too)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 Teaspoons kosher salt
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and salt in bowl and stir to combine.
- Place chicken in either a large plastic bag or storage container and pour marinade over top.
- Use your hands and gently massage the marinade into the chicken so every crevice is covered.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill on direct medium heat for 10-15 minutes (total) or 5-7 minutes per side (or until internal temp reads 155/160).
- Remove from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes; internal temp will continue to rise as it rests (up to 10 degrees). Chicken is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temp of 165 at its thickest part.
- Serve with guacamole!
Keywords: grill, chicken, guacamole