Grilled Weeknight Cilantro Lime Chicken – a quick and delicious weeknight meal your whole family will love!
This is one of my all-time favorite summer recipes – quick and easy, everyone loves it and the leftovers are so versatile!
We have been making this recipe for the past 2-3 summers and I kind of can’t believe it has taken me this long to get it up on the blog for you guys! All you go is throw together a quick marinade, pop these guys on the grill and then serve with guacamole! Kiddos LOVE it and we always make extra because the leftovers can be used in tacos, salads or just reheated for a quick lunch. It is simple, easy and full of delicious ingredients.
And don’t be intimidated by grilling!! All it takes to cook these is 10-15 minutes (total) on direct medium heat. Direct heat simply means – directly over your heat source instead of off to the side and medium heat simply means – between 350-450 degrees. I would highly recommend using a Digital Meat Thermometer so that you can know for sure when the internal temp (at the thickest part of the chicken) reaches 155 degrees. That’s when you know the chicken is fully cooked. So easy you guys!
And hey, 4th of July in only a couple days! These would be perfect to throw on the grill for a crowd – don’t forget the guacamole!!
- 6 boneless chicken breasts (bone-in would definitely work, but increase your cooking time and/or watch your internal temp)
- 1 cup roughly chopped and loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil (avocado oil would work too)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 Teaspoons kosher salt
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro and salt in bowl and stir to combine.
- Place chicken in either a large plastic bag or storage container and pour marinade over top.
- Use your hands and gently massage the marinade into the chicken so every crevice is covered.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill on direct medium heat for 10-15 minutes (total) or 5-7 minutes per side (or until internal temp reads 155).
- Remove from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes.
- Serve with guacamole!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.