Homemade Fresh Guacamole – the BEST homemade guacamole you will ever taste!!!
Summer = guacamole ….. right?!
Homemade guacamole is honestly one of my favorite things to make in the entire world. I love avocados (duh) and the just love building the flavors and tasting them as they come together, trying to find that perfect combination of chunky avocado, light and crisp tomatoes, a bite of garlic and onion, and then the lime and salt …. and lots of cilantro. Everyone has a personal preference as to how those flavors come together, but thats what I love about it. Taste as you go and adjust accordingly!
How to Pick Ripe Avocado
I pick mine out strictly by feel – you should be able to just barely squeeze them (gently). If you can’t squeeze them at all – put them back. If they feel mushy and are soft even to the slightest touch – put them back. If you very gently squeeze them and they have a little give, but still feel firm I would grab them!
How to Ripen Avocado
Simply place them in a brown paper bag along with an apple to speed up the ripening process!
What to Serve with Fresh Guacamole
- Chips (I prefer these grain-free chips, but go with what you love!)
- Plantain chips
- Carrots and Celery
- Pea Pods
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Hope you guys had a lovely week!
It isn’t summer without an amazing fresh guacamole whipped up!
- 4 large avocados, cubed
- 2 Teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced purple onion (yellow onion works too)
- Juice of 2–3 limes
- 3/4 – 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped and loosely packed
- 1/2 jalapeño, remove seeds, finely minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cubed (optional)
- Cube all 4 avocados into medium bowl; Mash really well with fork.
- Add onion, garlic, lime juice, salt and cilantro; mix to taste.
- Add tomatoes if desired and any additional salt or lime juice to taste.
You definitely need to taste as you go with this as everyone is different! Feel free to add more of any ingredient as you deem appropriate!
Keywords: fresh guacamole
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!