A easy and delicious teriyaki stir-fry you are going to love!
- 1–2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3–5 cloves fresh garlic, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 6 small or 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 container mushrooms, sliced
- 1 8oz can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 red or orange pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- brown rice, 4 cups cooked
- In wok, add 2 diced garlic cloves and olive oil.
- Stir on med-low heat until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add chicken.
- As chicken cooks, add a Tablespoon of teriyaki sauce if it gets too dry and chicken starts to stick.
- Remove chicken once fully cooked, place on plate and set aside.
- Drain any remaining liquid.
- Add remaining garlic and Tablespoon soy sauce.
- Stir and cook on medium heat until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add broccoli and carrots.
- Stir, add a tablespoon of teriyaki sauce and then cover.
- Let sit for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and add water chestnuts and red pepper.
- Stir and cover for an additional 2 minutes.
- Uncover, add mushrooms, onion and chicken.
- Stir and cover for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Uncover and stir.
- Add approximately 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Add any additional teriyaki sauce to reach desired amount.
- Serve over brown rice.
- You can control how many this serves quite easily (if you like one particular vegetable more than the other, use more of that or even add other veggies you love!), but if you follow the recipe and use 2 chicken breasts it will definitely serve 4-6 and possibly more (depending upon how much rice people eat with it and what you consider a full serving).
- Feel free to make your brown rice in the Instant Pot!
Keywords: teriyaki chicken stir fry