How to Grill Chicken Breasts (so they turn out juicy every time!) – learn to how to grill perfect chicken breasts!
- 6 medium-sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons ground black pepper
- Combine salt and pepper in small bowl
- Place chicken breasts on plate and sprinkle both sides with a generous amount of the salt and pepper mix.
- Heat grill to medium heat (approximately 400 degrees).
- Place chicken on direct heat (direct flame) and cook at medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Move chicken away from the direct heat (direct flame) so that it is cooking on indirect heat (maintaining the same grill temp) and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes (you don’t need to flip during this point because the chicken will cook as if it is in an oven) or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reads 160 on your meat thermometer.
- Remove from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes (the chicken will continue to cook during this time and the internal temp will continue to rise up to 10 additional degrees).
- Chicken is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees (at thickest part of the breast).
Keywords: grilled chicken breasts, how to grill chicken breasts