How to Grill Onions – if you are looking for a simple, straight-forward tutorial on how to grill onions – this is it!
- 1 onion (red, yellow or white)
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Heat grill to 450.
- Thickly slice onion (about 3/4 inch thick).
- Place on baking sheet or large plate and drizzle with olive oil.
- Using hands rub olive oil all over onion slices (carefully keeping all of the rings in tact).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill on direct heat (directly over flame) for 3-4 minutes per side, or until each side is nicely charred.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately – we love them on a perfectly grilled burger!
- The longer you grill the onion, the softer it will become. If you prefer more crispy onions, definitely cook closer to the 6 minute mark. If you want softer, more charred onion then cook closer to the 8 minute mark.
- Storage: simply store grilled onions in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Keywords: how to grill onion, grilled onions