- Place pork shoulder on a large plate or platter.
- Rub with liquid smoke, getting into all the little crevices.
- Then rub with yellow mustard.
- Finally, take the pork rub and rub all over, it will create almost a paste.*
- Place trivet inside Instant Pot and add beef broth. Ensure valve is set to “Seal.”
- Place pork shoulder in Instant Pot and cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 90 minutes. Allow to naturally release 15 minutes and then manually release remaining pressure carefully.
- Remove from slow cooker and shred with two forks (discarding bone if it had one).
- Feel free to return shredded meat to Instant Pot to combine with the juices or to serve immediately.
- Once you have the applied the liquid smoke, mustard and pork rub you can place it in the slow cooker right away OR you can wrap it up (in plastic wrap or foil) and allow it to sit in the refrigerator overnight. This will help it be little more flavorful, but it is not necessary for the recipe to turn out! It still tastes amazing if you skip that step!
- The Instant Pot will need additional time to come to pressure.
- Always use your Instant Pot or pressure cooker according to the manufacturers instructions.
Keywords: Instant Pot Pork Shoulder, Instant Pot Pulled Pork