Pork Shoulder Dry Rub – the best dry rub for pork shoulder – no matter how you end up cooking it!
The BEST Pork Shoulder Dry Rub
You guys aren’t going to need any other homemade rub recipes this summer!!!
Ways to Cook Pork Shoulder
Should You Put Rub on Pork Shoulder Overnight?
Yes! You can let you pork shoulder sit in the dry rub for up to 24 hours. Allowing it to sit in the dry rub for so long lets the spices soak into the meat.
Is Pork Butt the Same as Pork Shoulder
Pork Butt is no the same thing as Pork Shoulder, although both cuts come from the shoulder of the pig. The pork butt is higher on the foreleg while the pork shoulder is a little farther down.
What to Serve with Pork Shoulder
- Grilled Broccoli
- Lemon Pasta
- Spicy Purple Cabbage Slaw
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- Smoked Baked Bean
Other Recipes you might like:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Pork Shoulder Dry Rub – A simple, yet delicious homemade dry rub that is perfect for chicken or pork!!
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper*
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine ingredients in small bowl and mix.
- Use in your favorite recipes!
- Storage: store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Cayenne Pepper: feel free to do less, more or omit depending upon your spice preferences. I like using anywhere from 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon.
Keywords: pork shoulder dry rub