Smoked Salmon Toast – a simple breakfast recipe that is so easy to put together and can be topped any way you want!
- 1 large russet potato, cut into (2) 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 3–4 oz smoked salmon (more if desired)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (regular or dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rub both sides of potato slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Top potato toast with cucumber slices, lox, capers, red onion, fresh dill and dairy-free sour cream!
- Meal Prep: If you are looking to make this breakfast even easier, you can bake the potato slices ahead of time, store them in the fridge, and top when you are ready to eat.
- Storage: place the baked potato slices in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 5-7 days. Be sure to keep the topping items in separate containers in the fridge!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 79.2 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.9 g
- Protein: 31.7 g
- Cholesterol: 70.1 mg
Keywords: Smoked Salmon Toast