This quick and easy Smoked Salmon Toast is a light and refreshing breakfast recipe that is made with real, simple ingredients in a matter of minutes! A great spin on a lox bagel that is Whole30/Paleo compliant!
The Best Smoked Salmon Toast Recipe
Sometimes you just don’t want eggs for breakfast. I get it. When that’s how you are feeling, this is the recipe for you! I have always been a huge fan of smoked salmon – it is light and delicious. And served on a bagel with cream cheese and all the toppings …. it’s one of the best. But even that can use a little spin sometimes! So, I came up with this option for a Whole30 compliant / dairy-free version of that beloved lox bagel for you guys!
Have you ever tried to make your own Lox or Cured Salmon at home!? Follow our simple tutorial and learn how!
What You Will Need
- russet potato – the perfect base for this easy recipe, you could also use a sweet potato!
- extra virgin olive oil – used to rub down the potato slices and to help roast them in the oven.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasonings that are always a must!
- smoked salmon – this can easily be found at your local grocery store or you can make your own. Just make sure you check the ingredients if you want to keep it Whole30/Paleo.
- English cucumber, capers, & red onion – classic fresh ingredients that perfect for topping this toast recipe.
- fresh dill – a fresh herb that is so light & refreshing!
- sour cream – just a dollop on top for some added creaminess, we love this dairy-free sour cream.
How To Make Smoked Salmon Toast
For starters, you will want to cut the potato into 1/2 inch slices, rub them with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and then bake at 375 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Then top with slices of smoked salmon, cucumbers, red onion, capers, dill and sour cream!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Smoked Salmon Toast – a simple breakfast recipe that is so easy to put together and can be topped any way you want!
- 1 large russet potato, cut into (2) 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 3–4 oz smoked salmon (more if desired)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (regular or dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rub both sides of potato slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Top potato toast with cucumber slices, lox, capers, red onion, fresh dill and dairy-free sour cream!
- Meal Prep: If you are looking to make this breakfast even easier, you can bake the potato slices ahead of time, store them in the fridge, and top when you are ready to eat.
- Storage: place the baked potato slices in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 5-7 days. Be sure to keep the topping items in separate containers in the fridge!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 79.2 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.9 g
- Protein: 31.7 g
- Cholesterol: 70.1 mg
Keywords: Smoked Salmon Toast