The perfect meal-prep salad for weekday lunches or to bring to your next summer cookout!
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1 large apple, cubed
- 1 cup mayo (this homemade one is paleo/Whole30)
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2–3 Tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Taste and add any additional orange juice concentrate (1 Tablespoon at a time) or salt or pepper, as desired.
- Serve with butter lettuce, if desired, or eat as is.
- Shredded Chicken: I recommend boiling the chicken breasts in water for 10-15 minutes (or until fully cooked), let cool slightly and then shred when still warm.
- Mayo: I recommend using this homemade mayo (paleo/Whole30) otherwise this store-bought mayo is really good too.
- Cranberries: if you can’t find Whole30 compliant cranberries, you can sub raisins – just read your labels)
- Serving: Serve as-is or on a piece of butter lettuce!
- Storage: Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Keywords: apple chicken salad, healthy chicken salad