Ultimate Mashed Sweet Potatoes – these aren’t your everyday mashed sweet potatoes! Packed with goodness and perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup butter (more for serving)
- 1/4 cup milk or heavy cream (unsweetened almond milk works)
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 3–4 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Carefully add sweet potatoes. Let gently boil 10-15 minutes or until they are very tender.
- Drain and return potatoes to pot or preferred mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Use a hand masher to a more lumpy or rustic mashed potato – use a hand mixer for a smoother consistency.
- Taste and adjust butter, maple syrup, cinnamon or salt – as desired!
- Serve and enjoy!
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Dairy-Free: to make this dairy-free feel free to use vegan butter and either almond milk or other dairy-free creamer.
Keywords: mashed sweet potatoes