Pan Seared Tuna Rice Bowl (Gluten-Free + Dairy-Free) – a healthy and delicious lunch or weeknight dinner that comes together in minutes!
- (2) 1 Inch tuna steaks
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into ribbons with vegetable peeler
- fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- green onion, sliced
- Tamari (or coconut aminos) – of course use soy sauce if you aren’t worried about gluten
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (or whatever kind of rice you want!)
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, pat dry tuna steaks and then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In large cast iron skillet, add avocado oil and turn heat up to medium high.
- When oil is hot and smoking, add steak and cook for 30-45 seconds per side.
- Remove from pan and let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- While tuna is resting, take bowl and add rice, diced avocado, cucumber ribbons, fresh cilantro and green onions.
- Cut up tuna into large cubes and add to bowl.
- Serve with Tamari sauce or coconut aminos.
Keywords: tuna, rice, avocado