Smoked Asparagus – a simple, delicious smoked asparagus recipe that goes perfectly with any meal! Easy and quick!
- 1lb fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- (optional) 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Heat smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Cut off the bottom inch or so of the asparagus.
- Taking some heavy-duty foil, create a foil “basket” and place the asparagus inside.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add garlic and sprinkle with salt + pepper. Use your hands to massage the oil into the asparagus.
- Place on the smoker (asparagus is uncovered) and smoke for 50-70 minutes*, tossing halfway.
- Remove from smoker and serve immediately. Feel free to sprinkle with additional salt or pepper, as desired.
- *cook closer to 50 minutes if you like a little more on the firm side and close to 70 if you want them a little softer – everyone is different!
- Cook Time: cooking times can vary a lot with smoking recipes simply because there are so many variables at play which can impact time: humidity, temperature, hot spots on your grill, wind, etc. After testing on a Traeger we found that about 50-55 minutes was the perfect amount for a soft, yet firm asparagus – feel free to cook longer or less depending upon your smoker and your desired softness.
- Quicker Cook Time: if you need to speed things up I would recommend smoking for 20-30 minutes and then up your temp to 350 degrees F. until the asparagus has reached your desired softness.
- Spicy: feel free to sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top to spice it up!
- Lemon: you can also throw some lemon wedges in there if you want – the flavor pairs wonderfully with the garlic!
- What to serve it with: we love this recipe with this Smoked Pork Tenderloin recipe!
Keywords: smoked asparagus