- Vegan Stuffed Shells – an easy and delicious plant-based meal your whole family will love!!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Califia Farms Oat Milk
- 9oz package frozen spinach, thaw and squeeze out as much liquid as possible
- 16 jumbo shells (regular or gluten-free)
- 16oz of your favorite marinara
- (optional) fresh basil, roughly chopped
- (optional) dairy-free cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place raw cashews in a heat-safe bowl. Bring 2 cups of water to boil and pour over cashews. Let sit for 10-15 minutes (this helps them blend up more easily).
- Cook shells according to package instructions, but cook about 1 minute less so they are very al dente. They will finish cooking in the oven. Remove and set on a plate to cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, drain cashews and add to high-speed blender along with the tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, kosher salt, ground black pepper and oat milk. Blend on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Add additional splashes of oat milk if needed.
- Pour ricotta mixture into a medium-sized bowl and mix in the spinach.
- Set out a 10×7 (or similar sized) casserole dish and add 1/2 your marinara sauce to the bottom. One by one, take a spoon the ricotta mixture into the shells, nestling them into the marinara sauce. Cover with remaining marinara.
- Feel free to cover with dairy-free cheese, if desired.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.
- If you added cheese, remove the foil for the last 5-10 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve with fresh basil, if desired.
- Homemade Marinara Sauce: I used my homemade marinara sauce for this recipe, but feel free to use whatever you prefer.
- Double it: This is a perfect recipe to double – I do it all the time!
- Gluten-Free: Feel free to use gluten-free pasta shells or regular.
- Leftover Tofu: If you don’t double this recipe and have leftover tofu, I highly recommend this recipe for a Tofu + Brown Rice + Veggie Bowl! So good!
- Add Cheese: Here is a nice round-up of some of the best dairy-free cheeses if you want to add some on top!
Keywords: vegan stuffed shells