Brown Rice Tofu Bowl + Roasted Vegetables and Soy, Ginger, Garlic Sauce is a filling, healthy option for lunch or dinner!
My antidote for the winter blahs this year is plain and simple – healthy food that leaves you feeling energized and not bogged down with weird, processed ingredients. Here in Minnesota, we are in the dredges of a freezing cold, grey, dark winter. The dog days of winter, if you will. It’s not pretty guys. Today, as I was sitting in my office, I was so glad to see the sun that I refused to tilt my blinds, regardless of the fact that I was essentially blinding myself and barely able to work. I didn’t care. It felt like I hadn’t seen the sun in about a month and I was not about to reject it. I mean, that’s how bad it is. I willingly blinded myself in order to try and soak up some Vitamin D. You can see why I need to at least eat bright colors, because outside it is white and grey. This Brown Rice Tofu Bowl is just the thing to snap you out of those doldrums. It is bright, healthy and incredibly filling!
Pair it this with a Clean Carrot Smoothie and you will be set! Health goals met for the day – check.
If you have questions about How to Cook Tofu before you add it to the bowl, check out my post from yesterday! I recommended my new favorite kind of tofu that tastes great and has a great texture right out of the package – so good.
Enjoy you guys!
Stay healthy my friends!
- Brown rice (1 1/2 – 2 cups cooked rice – I used Brown Basamati Rice)
- 4 broccolini stalks
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 thin slices red onion
- 3-4 large mushrooms (cut into 3-4 slices)
- about a Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- Firm/Extra Firm Tofu – use as much or as little as you like. (I used 3 1/4-1/2 inch slices, cut into 3 squares each)
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon fresh, diced ginger
- 1 Teaspoon fresh, diced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400.
- On foil-lined cookie sheet, place broccolini, red pepper, red onion and mushrooms.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on middle rack for 5 minutes then remove and flip everything over. Put back in oven for another 3-5 minutes, depending upon how quickly everything is cooking and then remove.
- In a small sauce pan on med-low heat, add soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Add tofu and let simmer, stirring somewhat continuously, until tofu is hot.
- Place brown rice in bowl.
- Add vegetables and tofu.
- Pour sauce on top.
- Serve immediately with additional soy sauce (or make more sauce) if desired.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Wooden Skillet!