One of my favorite weekend breakfasts (or even a quick weeknight dinner) – so easy, delicious and satisfying!
- 4 cups of greens (I used a spinach mixture)
- 6 strips of thick-cut bacon (make sure compliant if following Whole30)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (other additional – raw red onion, asparagus, broccoli)
- Cook bacon in cast iron skillet until crispy.
- Remove and set aside.
- Save 3 Tablespoons of the bacon grease and discard the rest.
- In some pan, add onion and garlic along with a Tablespoon of the bacon grease.
- Cook until the onion starts to reduce, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining bacon grease and red wine vinegar.
- Stir together and then pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Place spinach mixture into large bowl.
- Take bacon and break into smaller pieces.
- Divide between the bowls.
- Soft-boil two eggs.
- Place on top of spinach and then lightly drizzle with bacon vinaigrette.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.