Breakfast Salad with Poached Egg – the perfect way to start your day!
This is one of my favorite weekend breakfasts (or even a quick weeknight dinner) – so easy, delicious and satisfying!
I absolutely love having greens involved in my breakfast, so the idea of a breakfast salad is my current favorite thing to make in the mornings! And this breakfast salad is the perfect re-mix of your classic bacon and eggs. Plus, I even tell you how to make your own little bacon vinaigrette using a little bit of the leftover bacon grease. You don’t need a lot, but when it mixes with that perfect poached egg….. holy buckets. You guys are going to love it!
This would be fun to make for Easter, Mother’s Day or really any brunch!
Hope you guys are having a good week!Print
One of my favorite weekend breakfasts (or even a quick weeknight dinner) – so easy, delicious and satisfying!
- 4 cups of greens (I used a spinach mixture)
- 6 strips of thick-cut bacon (make sure compliant if following Whole30)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (other additional – raw red onion, asparagus, broccoli)
- Cook bacon in cast iron skillet until crispy.
- Remove and set aside.
- Save 3 Tablespoons of the bacon grease and discard the rest.
- In some pan, add onion and garlic along with a Tablespoon of the bacon grease.
- Cook until the onion starts to reduce, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining bacon grease and red wine vinegar.
- Stir together and then pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Place spinach mixture into large bowl.
- Take bacon and break into smaller pieces.
- Divide between the bowls.
- Soft-boil two eggs.
- Place on top of spinach and then lightly drizzle with bacon vinaigrette.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: breakfast salad