Wisconsin Butter Burger – a delicious butter burger recipe that is packed with flavor, cheese and all the toppings! Perfect any time of year!
- 1 lb Country Natural Beef Butcher’s Blend Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 hamburger buns of your choice (regular or gluten-free)
- sliced red onion
- sliced fresh tomato
- burger sauce OR ketchup/mustard
- Combine ground beef, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Divide into 4 equal-sized ball and then flatten each into thin patties.
- Press down in the center of each patty with your thumb.
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add a 1/2 tablespoon of butter and let melt.
- Add two patties to the pan and cook 3-4 minutes. Season the top of the patties with a little more kosher salt and pepper if you want (I usually do).
- Flip and cook until the center reaches your desired doneness (135-145 degrees F. for medium rare); add cheese for the last 2 minutes of cook time.
- Remove from skillet and let rest 5 minutes.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon of butter and repeat with remaining patties.
- Build your burger: Add a little butter to the bottom and top bun. On top of the bottom bun add lettuce and one or two cheeseburgers followed by ketchup/mustard (or burger sauce), sliced onion and tomatoes.
- Dairy-Free: to make this dairy-free simply use dairy-free cheese slices.
- Gluten-Free: to make this gluten-free simply choose a gluten-free burger bun option.
Keywords: butter burger, wisconsin butter burger