A savory and delicious weeknight meal!
- 1.5 pounds fresh cod fillets (really important to buy the best, freshest cod possible for this recipe!)
- 2–4 Tablespoons ghee
- 1 egg, crack into a small bowl and whisk
- 1/4 sliced celery
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 Teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, tightly packed
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Place cod into food processor and pulse a few times until broken up (don’t pulse too many times, you still want it pretty chunky)
- Place cod into medium mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients (except for the ghee).
- Place mixture in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and make into approximately 7 cod cakes and place on plate.
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of ghee and let melt.
- Place cod cakes in pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and let cook for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Uncover and flip, adding any additional ghee needed.
- Cover and let cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
- You may need to reduce heat a bit more, as needed.
- Once fully cooked, remove and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh dill and serve with homemade Whole30 tartar sauce.