How to Make Whole30 Tartar Sauce
Once you make homemade tartar sauce… you won’t go back!
Whether you guys are currently doing a Whole30 or not – once you make your own homemade tartar sauce, you honestly won’t want to eat the store-bought stuff anymore! Have you read the ingredients before? They are questionable at best!
This recipe is super simple and absolutely delicious, perfect for any fish fillet or cod cake!
Note, the recipe calls for pickles, here are some Whole30 complaint pickles I found that are delicious!
Keeping this post short and sweet! Hope you guys enjoy!
- 1 cup homemade or primal kitchen mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped compliant pickles
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons chopped sweet yellow onion
- 3 Tablespoons fresh dill, tightly packed
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Teaspoons compilant dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine ingredients in small food processor.
- Pulse to combine, but don’t do it too long as you want it to still be chunky.
- Taste and add salt, as needed.
- Best if let sit in refrigerator overnight before use.
This post contains affiliate links – thanks for supporting The Wooden Skillet!