A light and delicious one-skillet meal! (Whole30/Paleo/Dairy-Free)
- 2–3 Tablespoons ghee (or olive oil)
- 1.5–2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast OR bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (fully incorporate with immersion blender first)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot
- 10 baby Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- Optional: 1-2 cups chopped broccolini (alternatively you can simply roast the broccolini separately and serve as a side dish) – regular broccoli work just fine
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In large cast iron skillet (I would recommend a 12 inch skillet/2 inches deep), heat to medium high heat and add ghee, allowing it to melt.
- Sear chicken on each side, 3-4 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, combine coconut milk, chicken broth, dijon mustard, lemon juice and tarragon in medium mixing bowl; whisk to combine.
- Pour mustard mixture around chicken and bring to simmer.
- Let simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through.
- Remove chicken and place on plate, setting aside.
- Add arrowroot to pan and whisk to fully combine.
- Add potatoes to pan and then nestle chicken.
- Allow it to simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered, using a small whisk to continue to mix the sauce around the chicken, intermittently.
- If adding broccolini, add with approx. 5-7 minutes left to simmer and then cover to let broccolini steam.
- Taste and add salt, pepper or additional lemon juice, as desired.
Keywords: mustard chicken, skillet dinner, whole30, dairy-free