Our quick and easy Roasted Broccolini is seriously the BEST roasted broccolini recipe EVER! It only requires 3 real, simple ingredients and about 15 minutes of cook time. An easy addition to your busy weeknight dinners!
The Best Roasted Broccolini
I am finally sharing my absolute favorite roasted broccolini recipe with you guys! This is the best way to make this easy side dish and my entire family loves it! This oven roasted broccolini can be enjoyed in so many different ways and it is our preferred method for cooking tender broccolini. We love eating it in the morning with eggs and homemade sausage patties, tossing it in my lunch (which is generally leftovers), and we probably have it as a simple dish with dinner about 2-3 times per week. My kids love it and actually request it and ask for seconds. Definitely our favorite vegetable!
Can’t find broccolini? You can also easily roast broccoli right in your oven or steam broccoli on the stovetop!
What You Will Need
- fresh broccolini spears – our local grocery store has packages of these in the produce section or try your local farmer’s market.
- olive oil – we highly recommend rubbing some oil over every piece to help roast them to perfection!
- kosher salt – a simple seasoning that’s a must for all cooked vegetables.
How To Cook Broccolini In The Oven
The first steps to making this easy recipe are to gather the ingredients. Make sure you cut the bottom 1/2inch to 1 inch off of each broccolini stem before starting, option to remove some of the small leaves too. Heat oven to 415 degrees F.
Now place all of the trimmed broccolini on a parchment-lined sheet pan and drizzle the olive oil on top.
Use your hands to really rub the oil into every little piece of the broccolini. This is so important to get the best results and even cooking.
Sprinkle with kosher salt and try to keep the broccolini in a single layer with minimal overlap.
Roast broccolini in the hot oven for about 10-15 minutes of cook time. Be sure to carefully flip them halfway through cooking. The longer they cook, the more crispy edges they will have!
Best Ways To Serve Roasted Broccolini
The options are endless! This simple roasted broccolini makes a perfect side dish for any main dish. We love serving them with air fryer salmon, cast iron chicken thighs, or perfectly grilled steaks. And if you are looking to add more vegetables to your daily menu, try serving them for breakfast! Seriously, don’t knock it until you try it!
We kept the recipe card simple with just oil and salt, but you can easily add some other delicious flavors! Some options to add before roasting would be a squeeze of lemon juice (or lemon zest), minced fresh garlic, or red pepper flakes for a little kick. After they have roasted you could add a drizzle of balsamic glaze or sprinkling of parmesan cheese or sesame seeds!
Made this delicious recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Other Broccoli Recipes You Might LikePrint
A simple, tried-and-true broccolini recipe that can be made in minutes! Perfect for serving with a quick dinner!
- 1/2 – 1lb fresh broccolini
- 2–3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (sub avocado oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- Cut off the bottom inch or so of each broccoli and discard.
- Place broccolini in large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and then use your hands to massage it into every inch (very important).
- Sprinkle with salt and repeat massaging.
- Place seasoned broccolini on prepared baking sheet and spread out as evenly as possible, in a single layer.
- Place in oven on middle rack and bake for 12 minutes, carefully flip with tongs halfway through.
- If you want it a little more crispy or charred, place back in the oven for 2-3 minute increments.
- Serve immediately.
- Storage: leftover broccolini can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Extra crispy: If you want your broccolini extra crispy, feel free to increase cooking time up to 5 minutes.
Keywords: roasted broccolini, oven roasted broccolini, side dish