Easy Grilled Chicken Salad – a summer classic!
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup red onions, chopped or sliced
- Optional: 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Paleo/Whole30 dressing of your choice: Creamy Balsamic, Whole30 Ranch, Creamy Italian
Grilled Chicken Breasts:
- Place chicken breasts on plate and sprinkle both sides with a generous amount of the salt and pepper mix.
- Heat grill to medium heat (approximately 400 degrees).
- Place chicken on direct heat (direct flame) and cook at medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Move chicken away from the direct heat (direct flame) so that it is cooking on indirect heat (maintaining the same grill temp) and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes (you don’t need to flip during this point because the chicken will cook as if it is in an oven) or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reads 160 on your meat thermometer.
- Remove from grill and let rest at least 5 minutes (the chicken will continue to cook during this time and the internal temp will continue to rise up to 10 additional degrees).
- Chicken is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees (at thickest part of the breast).
- Once rested, dice the chicken breasts and set aside.
- Add 2 cups lettuce to each bowl.
- Add avocado, strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes and onions.
- Add diced chicken breast.
- Top with Creamy Balsamic, Whole30 Ranch or Creamy Italian (or any other dressing of your choice).
- Chicken: Feel free to use grilled chicken thighs on this recipe if you want instead of chicken breasts!
- Other additional toppings: While probably not Whole30/Paleo I also love tossing in some mandarin oranges on this salad too!!
- Dressing: If you aren’t necessarily concerned with Whole30/paleo, I also love throwing some poppyseed dressing on this salad! I haven’t perfected a homemade version YET, but this store bought brand is SO good and so is this one!
- Make Ahead: I highly recommend grilling some extra chicken breasts with another meal you grill so you already have that ready to go! That makes throwing this recipe together that much easier!!
Keywords: Grilled Chicken Salad