Easy Sausage Spaghetti Squash Bowls – the easiest dinner ever for those nights when you don’t feel like stressing about dinner … but want something healthy!
- 1 Roasted Spaghetti Squash or Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- 1.5 lbs ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 red onion, diced (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- pinch of salt
- 15oz jar (approx.) of your favorite spaghetti sauce – my favorite homemade one or this one is a great option too!
- Ahead of time, preheat oven and roast spaghetti squash per this tutorial.
- About 10 minutes prior to the spaghetti squash being done, take a large fry pan and olive oil (or ghee) and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for approximately 1 minute, or until fragrant, moving constantly in pan.
- Add sausage and continue to move around pan until fully cooked.
- Add red onion and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking and stirring until onion has cooked down slightly.
- You could add other vegetables at this point, if desired, such as mushroom or even chunks of zucchini – just add and cook for a few more minutes until cooked but firm.
- Take medium saucepan and add your spaghetti sauce – warm on low, stirring occasionally.
- Assemble bowl by added some spaghetti squash (top it with a chunk of ghee and a pinch of salt and pepper), a scoop or two of sausage and then as much sauce as you desire.
- Serve immediately.
- I also like to roast some broccolini to add to the bowl as well!
- I love this recipe because it has so much flexibility – you can adjust it so easily depending upon how many people you are feeding, etc. Simply cook a little extra sausage if you have a bigger spaghetti squash and are feeding lots of people, etc.
Keywords: easy spaghetti squash dinner, healthy dinner, spaghetti