Sous Vide Pork Shoulder – A step-by-step tutorial showing you how to make melt-in-your-mouth pork shoulder in your sous vide!
- (1) 8lb pork shoulder
- paleo dry rub
- yellow mustard
- liquid smoke
- Take large soup/stock pan and fill until water is approximately 2-3 inches from the top.
- Attach sous vide according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Set temperature to 165 and set aside and allow water to come up to temp (of course place on a safe surface).
- Place pork shoulder on large plate or cookie sheet.
- Rub liquid smoke all over.
- Rub yellow mustard all over.
- Take homemade dry rub and rub all over; make sure you get ALL the nook and crannies.
- Place pork shoulder in sous vide safe vacuum sealed plastic bag and seal with food saver.
- Once water has come to temperature, place pork shoulder in water and ensure it is fully submerged.
- Let cook for 24-28 hours.
- Remove from water.
- Open bag (there will be a fair amount of liquid in the bag as well) and use a pair of tongs to pull out pork shoulder, leaving the liquid in the bag.
- Place meat on a cookie sheet and you can simply use a fork to finish pulling it apart.
- Feel free to finish under the broiler for 5 minute increments, if desired.
- Feel free to finish off under the broiler, if desired, to crips it up a little bit!
- Here is a link to my Smoked Pork Shoulder recipe as well!
Keywords: sou vide, pork shoulder