Buffalo Chicken Wings – a simple and delicious buffalo wing recipe that is always a hit!! Whole30 + Paleo!
- homemade buffalo sauce (or store bought)
- 2 lb chicken, wings and drumettes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take a baking sheet and line with foil then place an oven safe wire rack on top and spray with olive oil.
- Place chicken on a large tray and pat dry with paper towel (the more dry the wings are the more crispy they will become).
- Place chicken on wire rack, trying not to have them touch.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I used around 1/2 tablespoon of each)
- Cook for 40 minutes, or until fully cooked (you can flip halfway through if you want, but it is not required).
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Toss in as much sauce as you desire. Approximately 1/2 cup will be sufficient.
- Allow chicken to sit in the sauce for a while, tossing once or twice. This will help the sauce to really coat the chicken.
- Serve with homemade dairy free ranch, homemade blue cheese and celery.
- If you don’t feel like making your own buffalo sauce you can sub something like Tessemae’s or The New Primal (both of which are Whole30/Paleo).
- You do not need to flip the chicken halfway (you definitely can if you want) because it is sitting up on a wire rack and heat is able to get underneath the chicken.
- If you don’t have a wire rack, you can place the chicken directly on the foil, but then you will need to flip halfway through and the chicken won’t turn out quite as crispy.
- I have also made this a couple times where I brush on some buffalo sauce before cooking so some of the sauce cooks into the chicken. That works well too!
Keywords: buffalo chicken wings, homemade buffalo wings